- Absolute price Advantage
- Comparative price Advantage Theory
- Hecksher 0hlin Theory (H-0 Theory)
- National Competitive Theory or Porter’s diamond
- Product Life Cycle Theory
Trade is that the thought of exchanging product and services between 2 individuals or entities. International trade is that the thought of this exchange between individuals or entities in 2 totally different countries. whereas a simple definition, the factors that impact trade are advanced, and economists throughout the centuries have tried to interpret trends and factors through the evolution of trade theories.
- Mercantilism: This theory was well-liked within the sixteenth and eighteenth Century. throughout that point the wealth of the state solely consisted of gold or different kinds of precious metals that the theorists urged that the countries ought to begin accumulating gold and different kinds of metals additional and additional. Mercantilism thrived throughout the 1500’s as a result of there was an increase in new nation-states and therefore the rulers of those states wished to strengthen their nations. Therefore, to do so was by increasing exports and trade, thanks to that these rulers were able to collect additional capital for his or her nations. These rulers inspired exports by golf stroke limitations on imports. This approach is named “protectionism” and it’s still used these days. Though, Mercantilism is one the foremost old-style theory, it still remains a neighbourhood of up to date thinking. Countries like China, Taiwan, Japan, etcetera still favor economic policy.
- Absolute price Advantage: This theory was developed by Smith, he was the daddy of contemporary political economy. This theory came out as a powerful reaction against the advocator mercantilist views on international trade. Smith supported the requirement of trade because the solely assurance for enlargement of trade. He stressed on manufacturing what a rustic makes a specialty of so it will manufacture additional at a lower price than alternative countries. This theory says that a rustic ought to export a product within which it’s a price advantage.
- Comparative price Advantage Theory: The comparative price theory was 1st given by economist. it absolutely was later polished by J. S. Mill, Marshall, Taussig. The idea suggests that every country ought to concentrate within the production of these product within which it’s the utmost advantage or the smallest amount disadvantage. Hence, a state can export those provides within which it’s the foremost profit and import those provides within which it’s the smallest amount disadvantage. Comparative advantage arises once a rustic isn’t able to yield a goods additional ably than another country; but, it’s the resources to manufacture that goods additional proficiently than it will alternative commodities.
- Hecksher 0hlin Theory (H-0 Theory): The H-0 Theory is additionally referred to as the fashionable Theory or the final Equilibrium Theory. This theory targeted on issue endowments and issue costs because the most significant determinants of international trade. The H – zero is split in 2 theorems: The H – zero theorem, and therefore the issue worth levelling Theorem. The H – zero theorem predicts the pattern of trade whereas the issue-price levelling theorem deals with the result of international trade on factor costs. H – zero theorem is additional divided in 2 parts: issue intensity and issue abundance. issue Abundance is explained in terms of physical units and relative issue costs.
- National Competitive Theory or Porter’s diamond: The diamond theory was given by Micheal Porter. This theory states that the qualities of the house country are important for the triumph of an organization. This theory was given its name as a result of it’s within the form of a diamond. It describes the factors that influence the success of a company. There are Six Model Factors during this theory that are referred to as the determinants.
• Factor Condition;
• Demand Conditions;
• Related and Supporting Industries;
• Firm Strategy, Structure, and Rivalry;
• Chance; and
- Product Life Cycle Theory: within the 1960’s this was a awfully helpful theory. At that point, u. s. of America was dominating the entire globe in terms of producing when the globe War II.
- Stage I: New Product: The stage begins with introducing a brand new product within the market. an organization can begin from developing a brand new smart. The marketplace for which is able to be tiny and sales are going to be relatively low. Vernon assumed that innovation or invention of product can principally be wiped out developed nations, thanks to the economy of the state. To balance the result of less sales, companies would keep the producing native. because the sales would increase, the companies would begin to export the products to totally different nations so as to extend the revenue and sales.
- Stage II: Mature Product Stage: The product enters this stage once it’s established demand in developed nations. The manufacturer, would want to open producing plants in every nation wherever the merchandise has demand. because of native production, labour prices and export prices can decline which is able to in result scale back the per cost and increase the revenue.
- Stage III: Standardized Product Stage: In this stage exports to nations numerous developed and beneath developed nations can begin. Foreign product competition can reach its peak because of that the merchandise can begin losing its market. The demand within the nation from wherever the merchandise originated can begin declining and eventually diminishes as a brand new product grabs the eye of the individuals. The marketplace for the merchandise is currently utterly finished. Then, the cycle of a brand new product begins.